For further information, to take part to the Open Days, to get technical assistance or further explanations please contact the Secretary of the Contest:
Francesca Losi, firstname.lastname@example.org ,Tel +39 031 714493
Please write to email@example.com to ask the files for each code chosen from our 555.18 collection to be used for your renderings and/or mock-ups.
The Open Day will take place on the 22nd March 2019 at
TABU SPA, Via Rencati 110, 22063 Cantù (CO) from 10 to 12
Please reserve at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Day – Program (reservation required)
10.00 am reception
– Historical notes on the birth of wood dyeing technology in Brianza
– The advantages of dyed natural veneer: uniformity of color and repeatability of the structure
– Natural veneers and valuable woods: characteristics
– Sum-up of the differences between natural veneer, dyed natural veneer and multi-laminar veneer
Production plant tour:
– The Log Yard and the supply areas certified with high-quality woods
– Sawmill: debarking, squaring up and steaming
– Slicing and the structures of the wood veneer (cathedral, quarter cut…)
– Rotary Cut and in particular the processing of the Burls
– Wood Dyeing Technology – R&D laboratory
– Jointing methods
– Collections created using the wood dyeing technology: the Burls&Graffiti Collection (industrial inlays) and the Groovy Collection (three-dimensional surfaces).
12.00 am Conclusion
TABU spa is located in Via Rencati 110 in Cantù (CO) and can be reached by car or by other own means.
Notice for Teachers (Universities, Design Institutes, Academies)
It is possible to arrange a presentation of the Contest in the classroom, consisting of a detailed introduction to wood and to wood dyeing technology.
The lesson lasts about an hour (or the agreed duration) and can be in English; the power point presentation is left to the students and a wide selection of natural dyed and multilaminar wood veneers is distributed to the class. A RED BOX 555 containing the whole collection of natural dyed and multilaminar veneers is also gifted to the teacher.
The teachers can agree with TABU reserved tours for their classes to visit the production site.